Peer Mentoring project in CALD communities
for people with disability, our families and friends
If you are interested in becoming a Peer facilitator and taking part in our second training round
let us know
Do you think we can be the experts in our own lives?
- Would you like to share what you know with people in similar situations?
- Are you interested in creating communities that share and learn from each other?
DDAlliance has been funded to develop peer to peer supports.
This means that we, people from CALD communities with disability, our families and friends are doing it for ourselves.
Peer support is all about
- supporting each other
- sharing what we know and what we learned
- motivating each other
- building our confidence together
- working together so each one of us gets the most out of the NDIS funding
- bring us together and build our communities so that are we are welcomed.
- Interested in being a part of this?
- Interested in being trained as a peer mentor and/or group facilitator?
- Interested in giving back to your community and sharing what you know with others?
How does it work?
People with disability and our families from different CALD communities are
trained to become peer to peer facilitators and mentors.
After the training there will be opportunities to run community events or one on one peer mentoring sessions
We are looking to turn everyone’s ideas and suggestions into possibilities.
We will share information, questions and answers, and we learn together.
MOBILE: 0431 430 871 (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday)
Read through the guidelines
Download an application form and send it to us